Wednesday 30 March 2011

Sticky rice


This is the easiest recipe for sticky rice.  Don't be put off that it is cooked in the microwave.  It does a really great job.   The recipe is based on a recipe that I got out of an Australian Vogue Entertaining magazine well over 10 years ago, just when making your own sushi at home became popular.  I also use this for my sushi rice.


Recipe
  • 2 and 1/2 cups of short grain or sushi rice.  ( I just use short grain rice ) Wash rice in cold water until it is clear.
  • 2 and1/2 cups cold water added to rice in a microwave proof bowl. 
  •  Cover with plastic wrap and nuke for 15mins.  (15 mins seems to be right in every microwave I have used.)  Leave covered for 5 mins before taking off plastic wrap.

Seasoning vinegar added to cooked rice
  • 3 tablespoons of sugar
  • 2 teaspoons of maldon salt
  • 5 tablespoons of rice vinegar

Whisk together until dissolved and then pour on cooked rice and mix thoroughly till fully combined.


I used the rice with teriyaki beef and stir fry veges for my sons school lunch.





1 comment:

  1. I never before tried such type of recipe. Its really one of the different & easy recipe.
    Thanks & Keep do posting..
    http://www.kashishfood.co.nz/rice.html


    ReplyDelete