Saturday 9 July 2011

Mouse traps




I haven't made mouse traps for years now.  I used to make them a lot when the kids were little.  Don't know why I stopped, as they are really delicious and great if you need to feed a lot people in a hurry.


I made Finn s using his gluten free baps (Venerdi range).  This is his favourite bread of the moment.
Use mustard instead of butter to spread on first.  Toast the bread lightly first.


Mix together all the ingredients so that it is all  ready just to spoon onto the bread before grilling.

For the cheese mixture you will need

  • grated cheese.  I used 3 varieties - mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan, but anything is fine
  • 1 finely chopped white onion
  • 3-4 slices of ham or as much as you prefer, I used champagne ham, use what you have
  • 3 beaten eggs
  • lots of black ground pepper



Combine all the ingredients and pile on toasted bread that is on a baking tray.  Finn likes a swirl of sweet chile sauce on his before going under the grill.


It colours up really quickly so keep an eye out.
Jacob had his using Vogels 12 grain bread.



No comments:

Post a Comment