Friday 3 February 2012

food on Wednesday



Finn made himself a BLT for his after school eat.. I know I have gone on about this before, but you can't get much better than that combination, except of course if you add avocado... This is on gluten free bread


Jacob however made his version of oven fries.  He peels, wedges and parboils his potatoes by putting them in the microwave covered for 8 mins with a little water and then roasts them with olive oil and turns them over every 10 minutes until his liking, taking about 30 to 40 mins.  His dip is some concoction of mayonnaise, capers, red onion, garlic and parmesan cheese...they were yum...


 And for dinner we had a fairly predictable beef stir fry.  Always a good way to use up the vege in the fridge.  I marinated the beef in garlic, ginger, kaffir lime leaves ground up in the mortar and pestle and of course my trusty sweet soy sauce recipe, using cornflour and a little more added water.  Served with rice or noodles, we had both as I didn't have enough of either...still, just what I felt like.


No comments:

Post a Comment