Sunday 29 April 2012

prawn pasta



I decided to make this for lunch today as my old friend and neighbour Cathy who now lives in Canada, left me a comment saying she had made my prawn linguine.  I love to get comments and feedback as it reminds me of some of the recipes that I haven't made in a while.  This recipe is not the same as I didn't have all the ingredients.  I have come up with a flavour base that is not new but one that I have not done before.  That is to melt anchovies with garlic and olive oil.   Really delicious..

For this recipe I used

  • 500g of dried linguine or bavette pasta
  • 400g of raw prawns
  • 4 large anchovies in oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
  • 2 tablespoons of capers
  • 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
  • 1 cup of chicken stock ( I used some stock that I had  made from the scampi tail shells that I had in the freezer.)
  • 2 tablespoons of butter
  • juice and zest of 1 lemon
  • a few shakes of chile flakes
  • handful of italian parsley
  • black pepper

Start off heating a good glug of olive oil in a large frying pan on low heat.  Add the garlic and anchovies.  You do not want the garlic to colour.  Once the anchovies had melted in the oil add the capers, chile flakes and tomato paste.  Stir around and cook the rawness out of the tomato paste and then deglaze with the stock.  Let it bubble away and reduce by at least half.  Add the prawns.  They will only takes minutes to cook through.  Next goes the butter, zest, and parsley.  The butter thickens it up a little.  Lastly add the cooked pasta to the pan mix through the lemon juice and the black pepper.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin, Rosie McD here! Made this tonight and it was the first time mum has gone back for seconds!! So delicious, can't wait to try out some other recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you Rosie. I am glad that you are cooking for your family. I have been trying to get the boys to cook for us, but they always have an excuse. Lily is pretty good though. Keep up the good work and let me know how you get on with any of the other recipes.

    ReplyDelete