Monday 12 November 2012

beef salad with thai dressing




Well I thought it was about time that I got myself organised and started posting again.
This was what I had for lunch yesterday, left overs from last nights dinner. The beef and the dressing were the same but the choice of vegetables were different.
What really makes this salad good is the dressing the coriander and mint, some crunchy vegetables topped of with some peanuts and deep fried shallots and of course some chile.

For this salad I used

  • lettuce leaves
  • bean sprouts minus their heads
  • yellow pepper
  • cucumber
  • a little bit of carrot, just because I like carrot
  • avocado
  • spring onions
  • red chile
  • mint
  • fresh coriander
  • asparagus was used on the sat night
  • chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
  • deep fried shallots
  • And don't forget the beef,  I used finely sliced BBQ rump

The dressing is really simple and goes perfectly with the beef, herbs and crunchy toppings

  • juice of 2 limes
  • 1 tablespoon of brown sugar or more depending on how sweet you like it
  • 2 tsps of fish sauce
  • I also used some kaffir lime leaves as they were in the garden pounded in the mortar and pestle with the sugar before I added the juice and fish sauce

Combine until all the sugar has dissolved and add at the very last minute before serving

Actually this is what the salad really looked like before I ate it.





No comments:

Post a Comment